Do you ever look at all the perfectly curated home décor accounts on the Gram and feel like you need a home décor book for dummies? Do those books even still exist? Well, don’t worry we understand the struggle, styling your home in a way that fits your style and personality can be challenging. But, we’re to help!
And today, we’re going to start by helping you with a small décor item that has a big impact - decorating with throw pillows. And, yes! With the sea of endless options, picking out the right throw pillows can be a daunting task. There are so many shapes, colors, patterns, and materials to choose from that it can quickly become overwhelming.
However, with a few tips and tricks, you'll be able to find throw pillows that will go perfectly in your space and boom! You’ll be a style-diva or dude in no time.
Throw pillows are a great way to add some style and personality to a couch, chair, and even your bed but you need to know how to do it. In this blog post, you'll learn the dos and don'ts of throw pillows and what kinds of pillows go well with different room styles.
How To Decorate Your Home With Throw Pillows – The Best Tips And Tricks
Throw pillows are a great way to add a little flair and personality to your bedroom, living room, porch and even your backdoor outdoor furniture. However, depending on the size of your space and how many throw pillows you want to use, you may want to consider what types of pillows are best for your space.
Throw pillows are a great way to add a burst of color and style to any room. In this article, we'll walk you through all the do's, don'ts, how to store your throw pillows and considerations of choosing throw pillows for your home. Check out the rest of this article for the do's and don'ts on how to decorate with throw pillows and start transforming your space today!
Do's and Don'ts when Decorating With Throw Pillows
When decorating your home, you should keep a few things in mind– one of those things is using throw pillows. Throw pillows are a great way to add a bit of color or pattern to a room, but there are a few things you should keep in mind when using them. Here are a few do’s and don’ts when it comes to decorating with throw pillows.
- Select an anchor color
- Choose a pattern or color that compliments the room’s existing décor
- Choose a variety of sizes and shapes for interest
- Mix and match different fabrics for texture
- Use pillow covers for easy changes
- Determine how many throw pillows are needed
- Go too crazy with patterns or colors – you want the pillows to compliment the room, not overwhelm it
- Forget about function – make sure the pillows you choose are comfortable as well as stylish
- Ignore scale – too many small pillows can look cluttered, while too large of pillows can be overwhelming
Adding Texture with Throw Pillows
There's no doubt that throw pillows can add both comfort and style to any room. But with so many different design options available, it can be tough to decide which ones are right for your space. To help you make the best choices, we've put together a quick guide to decorating with throw pillows.
- Choose a variety of pillow sizes and shapes to create interest.
- Experiment with different textures to add visual appeal.
- Stick to a limited color palette for a cohesive look.
- Opt for quality materials that will last.
- Overdo it on the pillows! Too many can make a room look cluttered.
- Ignore the role of proportion. Make sure your pillows are in proportion to the size of your furniture.
- Forget about functionality. Throw pillows should be both stylish and comfortable.
How to Store Your Throw Pillows
You should keep a few things in mind when decorating with throw pillows, one of which is how to store them. Here are a few tips on storing your throw pillows, so they stay in good condition and always look their best.
- Store your throw pillows in a cool, dry place.
- Keep them out of direct sunlight.
- If you're not using them, store them in a pillowcase or other protective cover.
- Don't store your throw pillows in an airtight container.
- Don't put them in the washing machine or dryer.
What Size Throw Pillow Should I Choose?
First, consider the size of your sofa or bed. You don't want your pillows to be too big or too small in comparison. Second, think about how you want your pillows to look. Do you want them to be purely decorative, or do you want them to be functional as well? If you want them to be functional, you'll need to ensure they're the right size for people to use them.
As a general rule of thumb, most people say that you should choose pillows that are about 20% of the width of your sofa or bed. So, if your sofa is 60 inches wide, you would choose 12 inch throw pillows. Of course, you can always go bigger or smaller depending on your personal preference and the look you're going for.
If you're unsure what size throw pillow to choose, play around with different sizes until you find something that looks good and feels comfortable. After all, it's your home, and you should decorate it however you want!
How Many Throw Pillows Should I Use?
There is no hard and fast rule about how many you should use. It really depends on the size and style of your sofa or bed, as well as your personal preference.
If you have a large sofa, you may want to use several throw pillows to create a cozy and inviting feel. On the other hand, if you have a smaller sofa or bed, you may want to stick with just one or two pillows.
As for the style of your throw pillows, you can choose a matching set or mix and match different colors and patterns. If you're unsure where to start, look at some home décor magazines or search for inspiration online. With so many great ideas out there, you're sure to find the perfect look for your space!